For students, preparing for Class 9 is not an easy task. It is a crucial stage for developing the foundation for Class 10. Class 9 consists of a vast syllabus that needs to be completed quickly. The chapters of Class 9 explain the concepts and basics of topics and subtopics of higher standards. Students need to have basic knowledge and understanding of the Class 9 syllabus to understand the concepts covered in Class 10, 11 and 12. To crack exams such as NTSE and Olympiads, the syllabus of Class 9 is crucial. To get promoted to the following standard, Class 9 students should get good marks. In Class 9, students will learn the basics of each subject, which will be further explained in Class 10. So, students should be attentive inside the classroom to quickly grasp the concepts included in the CBSE Class 10 syllabus.
Class 9 is not considered a board exam, but students should not ignore the studies of Class 9. Class 9 should divide equal importance to subjects like Maths, Science, English, Social Science, etc. Students can take help from study materials such as sample papers, previous year papers, essential questions, notes, etc.
After Class 9 the major struggle begins because the board exam is different from the school exam. Even the marks of board exams matter a lot so students should take it seriously. Refer to essential study materials like sample papers, question year papers, chapter-wise MCQ’s such as Sectors of Indian economy Class 10 MCQ.
Here are a few tips to crack the Class 9 exam with flying colours.
Few Tips to Prepare for Class 9 Exam
- Students need to strategise a proper study plan. It ensures that students study all the subjects throughout the week. Give more importance to weaker subjects to be well-prepared for their exam.
- Class 9 prescribed by the CBSE Board is crucial for exam preparation. The exam question paper is prepared according to the syllabus. It covers the complete course structure, weightage of marks for each chapter, and each chapter’s duration.
- While studying each chapter, students should make it a habit of taking down important notes. These notes will help them to revise the syllabus before the exam quickly. The Note comes in handy, and students can carry it wherever necessary.
- For exam preparation, students need to follow NCERT textbooks. CBSE Board prescribed books of NCERT for all the classes. NCERT textbook of Class 9 for all the subjects explains every topic and subtopic in a simple and understandable language.
- Solve previous year question papers to understand the question paper pattern, types of questions they can expect, essential topics and marking scheme for each section. Students can self-access their preparation level by solving these papers of last year.
- CBSE Board releases sample papers of all the subjects for all the classes. These sample papers are prepared as per the syllabus and according to the exam pattern of Class 9.
Students should revise the entire syllabus thoroughly to ace their Class 9 exam. They should revise all the subjects every week to ensure that they don’t miss out on any crucial topic. The revision will help them to be confident while writing the exam paper. If they find difficulty in understanding any chapter or topic, students can refer to NCERT solutions, CBSE notes, or chapter-wise summaries to clear their doubts.
In various online sources, students can get study materials class-wise. For example; chapter-wise MCQ’s of Federalism Class 10 MCQ.